- Will never harbour dust mites, mould, bacteria and other microorganisms
- Antibacterial without chemical treatments
- Will neutralise odours caused by sweating
- Ideal for allergy and chemical sensitivity
- Medium support
About the Silver Luxwell Down and Feather Pillow
Unlike most antibacterial materials on the market today Silver Luxwell pillows and duvets use natural silver to eliminate bacterial growth, dust mites, and other microorganisms.
Silver Luxwell makes it possible for people with allergies to experience a life without dust mites in their bedding because the silver eliminates the fungi that dust mites need to live on. Dust mites consume minute particles of organic matter. However, as dust mites have a simple gut they can only digest food that has been pre-decomposed by fungi. The silver stops fungal growth eliminating the dust mites' source of food.
Duvets and Pillows – we use them every night and they need to be cared for
We use them every day without giving a thought to their care and maintenance. Every night, you emit more than ½ litre of fluids, some of this in your breath but most of it in the form of sweat. That sweat is absorbed into your duvet and pillows transforming your bedding into a breeding ground for bacteria.
Unless you give your duvets and pillows sufficient cleaning and airing, your bed will become the ideal habitat for fast-reproducing bacteria, mould, and dust mites. Unless you use Silver Luxwell.
- Offers natural prevention against the growth of mould, fungi, and other harmful organisms in your bedding
- Prevents unpleasant smells from settling in your bedding
- Safeguards your bedding from mildew attacks in your home, your summerhouse, caravan, or damp storage spaces
Bacteria reproduce by dividing themselves in two
An individual bacterium can split into two copies of itself every 20 minutes. The result of such rapid reproduction is that a mere six hours can mean the difference between one bacterium and one million bacteria.
As a bacterium divides, it builds a wall down through its centre. When this wall is complete, the bacterium splits into two along the edge of the wall. Bacteria reproduce most quickly in environments with high humidity and temperatures between 20-40C - just the sort of environment you find in the average bed. When in contact with particles of silver, bacteria lose the ability to divide and reproduce.
Dust mites need fungi and moisture to live
Dust mites, however, are not single-celled organisms; they are arachnids, like spiders. Silver Luxwell® fights off dust mites not by preventing them from reproducing but by removing their bacterial food source, making this new technology a substantial improvement over the NOMITE label and a perfect alternative for those with allergies.
- Casing is dust mite proof 100% cotton cambric, super soft finish - white with white sateen piping
- Single chamber pillow
- Filling 70% new European silver treated down and 30% silver treated small feather
- Down and feathers sterilised, heat treated and de-dusted
- Colour white
- Pillow density medium support, filling weight 700g
- Tested at the Dansk Teknologisk Insitut
- Nomite Certification
- Daunasan Certification
- Oeko-tex Standard 100
- Wash at 60C when necessary
- Tumble on cool setting with dryer balls or tennis balls
- One year guarantee
- Medium support 700g