Air purifiers help to reduce allergy symptoms by reducing the root cause- allergens. They clean air as it passes through them, filtering away particles such as pollen, dust, dust mite faeces, shed skin, tiny fibre ends from material, smoke particles and mould spores.
Some air purifiers (such as the Radic8) work slightly differently. Instead of cleaning the air, they fill it with super-oxidants to decompose the cells of contaminants. As well as eliminating allergens and VOCs, this can help stop the spread of illnesses in the home and office.
Whether you suffer from a known allergy or not, breathing purified air is always a healthier choice.
Airborne particles you may want to remove
- Particles such as pollen, dust, dust mite faeces, shed skin, tiny fibre ends from material, smoke particles, mould spores and dust.
- Organic compounds. These include pesticides, herbicides and some solvents.
- Odours from smoke, cooking, animals and organic odours from sewers and other rotting material.
- VOCs (volatile organic compounds)- chemicals that are used as solvents in some paints as well as some cleaning products.
- Bacteria and viruses. These are very tiny and can either be trapped in a filter or eliminated using specific technology.
Improving allergy symptoms
Air purifiers are particularly beneficial for hay fever, dust mite allergy, mould allergy and asthma sufferers. By removing allergens in the air, symptoms can be dramatically reduced.
They are also a wise choice for those living in busy cities and busy areas, helping to clear away odours, smoke particles and VOCs.
Benefits for MCS (multiple chemical sensitivity)
For MCS sufferers, using an air purifier can deliver unique benefits.
Sufferers of MCS react to chemicals at a much lower concentration than would affect most people. It can strike at any time and almost anything can be a trigger. Air purification helps as it removes odours and air particles that MCS sufferers may be sensitive to, for example perfume and VOCs.
Fresh air, whenever and wherever you want it
Did you know that there are also personal air purifiers available?
The HeavenFresh HF86 Personal Ionic Air Purifier is an ideal travel companion, perfect for use on planes, trains or in confined spaces such as cinemas and offices. Portable, wearable and lightweight, it uses plasma breeze technology to deliver ion rich air to your mouth and nose, repelling airborne allergens, bacteria, viruses and smells.
Save £26.95! We’re giving these away FREE with selected air purifiers, while stocks last. T&Cs apply.