Think twice before you install uPVC windows into your home as the health effects may be long term. And it's not only the PVC but the phthalates that cause problems. These are found in many products including plastic bottles. A Danish-Swedish research team found that "phthalates may be a major factor behind the dramatic increase in childhood asthma and allergy. They found that asthmatic children lived in homes with the highest concentrations of phthalates in the house dust (Environ Health Perspect, 2004; online 15 July)". To read the article from What Doctors Dont Tell You please click here.