Our top tips for healthy spring cleaning

  • Open all the windows and doors and air your home out. Get fresh air in.
  • Take any loose rugs outside, shake them well or beat them. Wash them if they are washable.
  • If you have pets make sure their bedding is washed and aired. If you are allergic to your pet consider using PetalCleanse on your pet.
  • Wash your winter clothing ready to put it away for the summer. If you are concerned about moths, there are little cedar balls available that you can place in with your clothes to deter the moths.
  • If you use dust mite proof cases on your bedding, remove them all and wash and dry them. Vacuumyour mattress well before replacing the cases. The Allergy Sprays can be used for a thorough clean, neutralising any allergens present.
  • Change your bedding to summer weight. Air your winter weight bedding well before putting it away. 
  • Pull furniture out from the wall and clean well behind and make sure you clean off any mould present. If you are allergic to mould be sure to wear a mask.
  • Clean off any mould in your shower, around your bath or around your windows. You can useHomeCleanse for this rather than harsh chemical cleaners.
  • Use cleaning products that are as environmentally and human friendly as possible. Be careful to read the ingredients on the label. The Essential cleaning packs all come with a free product.
  • Remember that in the old days vinegar and bicarbonate of soda were used for all sorts of cleaning. These are readily available and make great non toxic cleaners.
  • Use non smelly and environmentally friendly laundry products so that your washing is clean, fresh and friendly to you and your family.
  • Keep a bluemagicball in your washing machine - it is great at killing bacteria in the laundry and keeping your laundry fresh.
  • Make sure there is lots of fresh air while you are cleaning and consider using an air purifier to keep the air clean.
  • If you have areas that need a fresh coat of paint, use Ecos organic paints - great to use and live with. Safe for children and for chemical sensitivity.