- The pet should be kept out of the bedroom if at all possible, or confined to one part of the house.
- A surfactant based lotion can be rubbed onto the pet weekly to reduce the allergens on the coat of the animal. The PetalCleanse we offer is ideal for this purpose.
- Use the HomeCare range to neutralise allergens in the air, on furnishings and in the washing.
- Alternatively, vigorous cleaning strategies should include vacuuming with a high efficiency vacuum cleaner and damp dusting. Wash any washable fabric cushions and pillows and keep carpets and furnishings to a minimum.
- Ventilate the house as much as possible. Use an air cleaner either with a HEPA filter or one of the other high quality air cleaners available. This will remove the allergen from the air and help to maintain lower levels of allergen in the environment.
- When near the pet or when cleaning (as this can release the allergen from carpets etc into the air) a mask can help.
Disclaimer Information included in this website is intended for information purposes only and is not to be used as a substitute for consultation with a medical practitioner.