Focus on Dust Mite Allergy
Top tips on keeping your bedroom dust mite free
- Give your bedroom a thorough clean using a good vacuum cleaner (with True HEPA filter) and damp dusting.
- Use the allergy sprays to denature allergens in the air on furnishings and in the washing.
- Wash all your bedding at 60°C or use FabriCleanse in your wash (as low as 30° ) to kill dust mites and dissolve their allergenic particles.
- Enclose your mattress, duvet and pillow in a dust mite proof barrier case, or
- Enclose your mattress in a mattress case and use a dust mite proof duvet and pillow.
- Check the humidity in your room using a hygrometer - dust mites thrive in warm humid conditions.
- If your humidity is over 51% use a dehumidifier to remove excess moisture.
- Use an air steriliser to detroy or neutralise airborne allergens or an air purifier to remove allergens from the air.
- For more information on banishing dust mites from your home click here to read our blog