0item(s)

You have no items in your shopping cart.

Call us on 01453 752216
Navigation

Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.

Top Tips for an Allergy Free Christmas

Many people bring a Christmas tree into the home several weeks before Christmas, giving the mould spores ample time to respond to the nice warm conditions. So, by Christmas the mould count can have increased significantly, causing problems to those with mould allergy and respiratory problems. If you do bring your Christmas tree in make sure you follow the first top tips:

  1. Spray the tree (real or synthetic) lightly with HomeCleanse to neutralise mould spores on the tree - spray once a week
  2. Spray the earth (if it's a live tree) 
  3. Spray the air with AirCleanse to neutralise allergens in the air
  4. If your home has any excess moisture, use a dehumidifier to absorb the moisture from the air
  5. Use an air purifier or a Radic8 air steriliser to eliminate mould spores, allergens, viruses, bacteria
  6. Remember that perfumed toiletries and those with harsh chemicals can affect people with allergies and asthma, try replacing them with natural and scent free ones
  7. Give natural toiletries instead of "commercial" ones
  8. Replace as many cleaning products with natural ones
  9. Dust mite proof the bedroom of any allergic person using the sprays and dust mite proof bedding
  10. Filter the water you drink, shower and bath in, remembering that chlorine is very harsh on skin and lungs
  11. Ventilate the home well each day to let build-up of pollutants out and bring fresh air in
  12. If anyone in the family is prone to croup or sore throats, a humidifier can make a big difference in relieving discomfort
  13. If pets cause a problem, treat them with non-toxic PetalCleanse to neutralise the allergens
  14. If you use or are planning to give tablets, mobiles, DECT phones or Wi-Fi related products, read up on electrostress and protect yourselves where possible
  15. Reduce sugar intake as much as you can remembering that sugar weakens the immune system, making it more likely to succumb to viruses and bacteria.
  Loading...